Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

fredag 11. januar 2008

Lace Cardstock

Did you see the first pack of Lace Cardstock? It was the first time I made something on a request, and it was so much fun! Well, now I've just wrapped up the second pack - inspired by a paper layout Dagmar showed us. She actually did all the cutting herself with a scissor! Thank God I'm digi, not paper LOL!

Here's the preview for you:



They turn out a bit tiny here on the blog don't they? Maybe you get a better view on this layout where I used one of them:



Don't you just love how it looks like a lace window? :) This layout turned out to be quite special for me. The photo is taken from my grandparents' house. They've got these beautiful sunsets there. My grandmother died a few years ago, and seeing her house makes me remember her - that's what the journaling is about. And then I have used buttons from her old button collection to embellish the layout. So there's a lot of memories and emotion in this on my part. She was an artist, a painter, and I am sure these dreamy colors and lights in the sky inspired her.

You can click on the image for full credits.

What I really like about these Lace Cardstocks is that they are so versatile and have so many possibilities. I was originally thinking of placing my photo on top of this one here, but realized that it worked really well under too! You can blend them or recolor or cover in other papers, make them tiny or use as frames. I'm sure there are more options I haven't even thought of :)

7 kommentarer:

gabs-art sa...

WOW - really great laces and you LO is amazing!

Monique sa...

Oh wow that looks really cool! Great job! Have a great weekend! :-)

absolutartist1 sa...

Lovely lace cardstock! That LO (and photo) is gorgeous as well!

Mary sa...

It looks amazing on the layout thanks for pointing em out! Have a great weekend!

Jen U sa...

Those really are cool, thanks for showing them in action! :) Hope you're having a great day! *hugs*

Peggy sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.
Peggy sa...

I love your lace cardstock Here's a layout I made with one of them:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1786/starlightstarbrightfs6.jpg